Summer is a cheerful holiday season, but stepping out of the excess sunlight can cause many problems to the skin including tan, dark spots, and hyperpigmentation.
The harmful UV radiation rays of the sun cause the skin to look dull and pale. Our body releases Melanin, which is the pigment of our body that provides color to hair, eyes, or skin. Melanin protects our cell damage from sun exposure in the addition to it also absorbs harmful UV radiation which causes skin pigmentation.
So the higher the UV rays exposure, the higher the pigmentation or Melanin production and the darker the tan our skin will get.
Sun tan not only makes your skin look darker but it is also responsible for aging.
There are numerous ways to fight sun tan that have shown good results over time. Here are some quick ways to remove tan. You can use them to remove sun tan from all over your body – be it your neck, your feet, your arms, or your hands.
Home remedies to remove tan naturally
1. Lemon Juice And Honey To Remove Tan
Honey is one of the best recommended natural home remedies to remove tan from the skin. It provides moisture and keeps the skin soft and healthy. Mixing it with lemon juice can help in reducing the sun tan. Lemon juice acts as a bleaching agent for the skin and can reduce pigmentation. Lemon juice also contains Vitamin C, which is also a great agent in removing tan.
How to Use Lemon Juice and Honey
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice and mix it with honey.
- Apply the mixture evenly over your sun exposed skin areas and leave it for 30 min.
- Wash off with a mild cleansner and pat dry.
- Do this 2-3 times a week for greater results.
- Do not allow the honey to remain on your skin for too long if you have an oily face.
2. Cucumber Juice
Cucumber has some cooling effect. It also contains water that can keep your skin hydrated for a longer time. It is a rich source of antioxidants that prevents harmful free radicals.
How to use cucumber juice
- Shred a cucumber, and squeeze to get the juice out.
- Apply the juice over the skin using the cotton ball.
- Wash off after 15-20 min or when it gets dry.
3. Sandalwood and Turmeric to remove tan
Turmeric is an excellent skin brightening agent while sandalwood provides soothing to the skin. If you’re mostly exposed to sun rays on a daily basis then using sandalwood and turmeric mixture can help your skin to get rid of tan.
How to use sandalwood and turmeric to remove tan
- Mix sandalwood and turmeric powder in milk or coconut water.
- Apply the mixture and keep it for 15-20 min.
- wash with mild cleansner and pat dry.
There are many natural products that are good for removing tan. Using a tan-removing facewash with these ingredients can also help to get rid of tan quickly.
Mamaearth’s Ubtan Scrub contains natural turmeric extract that can help you to get rid of tan. To get a good result you can also include Mamaearth Ubtan Face Pack and Vitamin C Face Wash to your daily skincare routine for better skin glow and health.
4. Potato Juice Extracts
Potato juice acts as a bleaching agent in removing tan from the skin. It can help you to get rid of tanning and also provides a soothing effect on the skin.
You can also find some online articles which often states that potato can be used to remove dark circle around the eyes.
How to use potato juice to remove skin tan
- Extract Juice from raw potato and apply the juice directly to the skin.
- Keep it for 10-20 mins or until it gets completely dry.
- wash off the face with mild cleansner and pat dry.
5. Multani Mitti And Rose Water
Multani Mitti, also known as Fuller’s Earth, is being used since the ancient era of time for skin health. It soothes skin and provides a radiant glow to it. Multani Mitti also helps in removing tan from the skin.
How to use Multani mitti and rose water
- Add rose water and multani mitti to make a thick paste.
- Apply on your skin and keep it for 15-20 mins.
- Rinse it out with water using a massage action.
In addition to rose water, you can also add sandalwood, turmeric, tomato juice, lime juice, milk, and honey to Multani Mitti for removing tan more effectively.
If you use any of these natural remedies regularly, you will notice a change in your complexion. If you have a busy schedule and it seems hard to follow this daily routine, you can also use some natural products from well-known brands to get a good result.